Getting “into the zone” and staying “in the zone” is hard with lots of distractions. The best work environment depends on the person but most developers seem to be more productive in a quiet area. These types of work areas are hard to come. One tool that seems to help me reduce distractions is listening to White Noise.
I’ve tried listening to music but if it’s a good song I’ll get distracted by the words. I’m sure that there are plenty of ways out there but thought I’d pass this one along that I’ve found to be useful. It’s ten hours of Celestial White Noise.
- Create a new project. File -> new -> project
- Select Visual Web Part
- Choose “Deploy as farm solution”
- Enter the url of the site that you are going to use for debugging your web part.
- Switch to design view in the ide. We will create a simple hello world.
- Drag an asp:textbox control onto the design service
- Drag an asp:button control onto the design service
- Double click the button.
- We will write “hello world” to the text box.
protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
TextBox1.Text = “hello world”;
- Now we will debug the project:
- We now need to insert the web part on the page.
- Click edit page
- Click the insert tab
- Click Web Part
- In the Categories area you will find the Web part under “custom”. Select the web part and click add.
Your web part should now appear!
- Save the page.
- Click the button and see “hello world” appear in the text box!
- That’s it!